Are you getting the following error message when trying to reinstall/uninstall Apple’s QuickTime:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'QuickTime.msi' in the box below.
If so, you may need to manually remove QuickTime. Try the following steps. They may solve your problem
Note: Make sure you have made a complete backup of all your personal and system data, before proceeding with making any changes to your system.
Take the following steps to remove QuickTime:
1. Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility.
2. Run this utility. It will show you a list of programs. Find QuickTime and remove it.
3. Go to the folder c:\windows\system32 and delete the files QuickTime.qts and QuicktimeVR.qtx
4. Go to the folder c:\windows and delete the files QTFont.for and QTFont.qfn
5. Delete the folder c:\program files\quicktime
Now, go ahead and reinstall QuickTime.